Environment: Greenscape and Community Track
On Monday evening we had an excellent community and teacher response to our Greenscape and Community Track Project. We were delighted with the interest and the outcomes.
We will hold another meeting on Monday 11th August at 5 pm, a working bee on Saturday 30th August from 9.30-11.30 a.m. and a further meeting on Monday 13th October at 7 pm.
The tasks to be undertaken at the working bee Saturday 30th August include:
- Painting the two old portables and one side of the container with citrus lemon-green paint to enable a student mural to be painted onto the walls.
- Remove old furniture from the portables ready for recycling or donation to charity
- Empty shipping containers of rubbish and create one empty container in readiness for ‘Play for Life’ articles.
- Recycle pellets to create an arch-way.
- Spread soil near Prep building – grass maze to be developed and fill vegetable boxes with soil.
So you can see this is just the starting point for a major project. We value any assistance at the working bee and any help with paint, rollers, brushes, posts or pellets. Karen Corrales’ plan is on the wall near the main office. Come and have a look and offer any support possible.
2015 Prep Information Evening
It was a great delight to listen to our very professional and passionate Prep teachers discussing the curriculum and the learning development of Prep children. It highlighted how the Prep program is a vital element of our whole school program and the consistency and coherence of our curriculum Prep to 6. Congratulations to the Prep Team who certainly promoted the school in an excellent and stimulating manner. The feedback from parents has been very positive.
We also had a great response to Storytime which was held for the 2015 potential Preps.